KING OF FRUITS

 FOREVER FAVORITE - DURIAN ; 


Durian has always been one of my favorite fruit. I could still clearly remember the very first time I saw, smelled, felt and tasted it when i was six years old. It was a normal night when I was enjoying some snacks before dinner. Dad came back home from work. He was carrying a huge box. I smelled something strong before he had even walked in. It was a strong scent that I had never encountered before and i was a little curious about whats inside. 

Then , my dad opened the box. I saw some old newspaper covering the smelly fruit. I carefully removed the newspaper and there I saw a huge fruit the size of a basketball with brownish thorn-covered skin. I was shocked when I first saw it. I started to wonder what kind of fruit or things would it possibly be. Its unappealing color with its dangerous thorn-covered skin and its strong odor made a really bad first impression on me. 


My dad started to open it. He started to open it from the cracks on the skin.  When the durian was finally opened, I could smell the strong stink strike me really hard like I got punch in the face.  Inside the fruit were some pale yellow tiny mango-looking pods. The color of it looks really appealing, and when I tried to touch, it felt really soft . 
Haishh you feel me ?!

Since I am curious like a cat, I decided to give it a try. I carefully reach out to one of the yellow pods, and I took a small bite.  When I first tasted durian, I couldn’t tell if I liked it or not. It has a strong flavor that I had never tasted before. After I finished the first piece, I didn’t think I dislike it at all, so I decided to give it another try, and I started to love it. I almost finish all the durian that my dad bought.

The more I eat durian the more I love it.  Despite it’s unattractive appearance and smelly odor, the taste is amazing. I really love the straightforward strong sweet flavor that burst out into my month.
After the beautiful experience of me having durian, it had become one of my favorite fruits. Although my dad is no more now , my brothers and sister in law still do get me durians whenever the season is there. I still do love durians more than anything and that's one my unforgettable memories with my dad that ill cherish forever. 

To me durian is not a fruit anymore. 
It’s more like luxury dessert that I will always be craving for ; 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONE PIECE

Jom Masuk GUA...(Part 1)

Short trip to LATA BERANGIN, Kuala Krai, Kelantan