Karate Grading Test


Hey guys, so in this blog I am going to talk my experience in grading test I did in karate. So my rank before the test was black belt Shodan. Each year there will be a grading test for every students to see whether they are eligible for ranking up. I started off karate back when I was 8 years old. I did my 2nd rank black belt during the year 2017. So now a bit of information on what we do. The grading test starts at 8am. All the students will start with warming up. Then we will do few exercises on hand and leg techniques. At around 10am, the white belts starts their test first and then once they are finished with the test they moved to the next belt. The rank in the belt start with white then green, blue, purple, brown 1-4 and finally black belt. From white belt to brown belt they focus on ‘kata’ and for black belts they focused on both ‘kata’ and sparring. 

For those who don't what ‘kata’ is, it is a Japanese word describing detailed patterns on movement. Each belt has its own kata. So when you increase belts, you have to know all the kata that you have learnt so far. So with that I think you know what grading test is. With that I don’t want this to be boring anymore. So here some pictures from the grading test.

My first master when I started off karate, Master Andrew

My team

My Current Master and my friends

Training 

Martial Arts is important because not only we learn self defence but it can also release stress and keep our mind at peace. With that I would to end it with a quote. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire”. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONE PIECE

Jom Masuk GUA...(Part 1)

Short trip to LATA BERANGIN, Kuala Krai, Kelantan